Beach Wedding Venues:
Everything You Need to Know
If you and your partner are looking for the perfect theme for an outdoor ceremony, a beach wedding could be the dreamiest option for you. Beach weddings offer the gorgeous scenery of the ocean and plenty of fresh air for you and your guests.
Beach wedding locations lend themselves to a variety of themes and styles, including vintage, rustic, boho, and even country weddings. Whether you are planning a casual beach wedding on the West Coast or an elaborate oceanside affair at one of the top beach wedding venues Florida has to offer, you can access our extensive directory of real weddings. From there, you can also access vendor information to help you create the beach wedding of your dreams.
The most idyllic beach wedding venues are located all over the world, and there are so many experts who can help bring your once-in-a-lifetime celebration to life. In this guide, you can get vital information about beach wedding venues, trends in beach wedding dresses, and even learn more about destination weddings in exotic locations. Our directory is a helpful resource for the beach wedding venues California is known for (among other states and countries), vendors for destination weddings, and a wide range of beach wedding ideas that can inspire your own themes and décor for your big day. There are so many reasons why beach weddings have become increasingly and consistently popular over the years, and there’s a lot that couples need to know about beach wedding venue costs and everything that goes into exchanging vows with your toes in the sand.
Whether you are considering weddings on the beach Miami is famous for or looking at more local beach wedding venues, you may be wondering, "How can I find the best beach wedding venues near me?" Our directory allows you to search listings of venues for beach weddings by location and other criteria. This can allow you to find the perfect answer to the perennial question, "Are there suitable beach wedding venues near me?" You can find all the inspiration you need to plan a destination wedding or need some assistance finding beach wedding locations closer to home. Beach wedding venues are all over, and it’s easier than ever to discover the spot that suits your and your partner’s needs (and your budget!). Below, you can read more about picking the perfect beach wedding dresses, beach invitations, beach wedding photography companies, and other vendors who can make beach wedding venues in Virginia or Cancun weddings on the beach extra special for you, your partner, and your beloved guests.
Why are beach wedding venues popular?
Beach weddings offer many advantages for couples interested in exchanging their vows in a beautiful outdoor setting. Some of the main reasons for the ongoing popularity of beach weddings are listed below:
- Flexible arrangements: Many beach wedding locations offer access to indoor spaces if the weather does not cooperate for a beach wedding ceremony or reception. Beach wedding venues that are located close to resorts can also make it much easier to manage beach wedding hair and makeup indoors before going outside for the big event.
- Indoor-outdoor options: Choosing hotel and resort venues that are located on or close to the beach can provide you with all the amenities you want for your beach wedding and can provide some welcome respite from potential weather issues. Plus, you can plan for a ceremony on the beach and then head into a nearby ballroom for the reception.
- Beautiful surroundings: From beach wedding venues in the Bahamas to elegant Florida beach wedding venues, your beach wedding venue can reflect your own personal aesthetic and preferences. There are so many beaches to choose from, and even more ways to transform them into the most “you” event possible.
- Ideal for destination weddings: If you are planning an international beach wedding or checking out the best U.S. beaches for your upcoming nuptials, you can find the perfect venues for your destination beach wedding in locations that will delight your guests and will provide the most incredible backdrop for your beach wedding and reception plans.
- Memorable locations: Beach weddings in exotic destinations can create lasting memories for you, your partner, and everyone in attendance at your wedding. From local waterfront weddings with a view of the ocean to elegant beach weddings in Mexico, you can easily compare the many beach wedding locations close to home or in locales around the world.
- Adaptable to many different themes: While casual and relaxed ceremonies and receptions are most commonly chosen for wedding venues on the beach, you can easily dress up your beach wedding venue to create the perfect look for formal beach weddings or vintage themes. From bohemian casual looks and flowing beach wedding dresses to elegant and upscale attire and formal ceremonies, your beach wedding venue can provide the most iconic setting for beach wedding photography and a reception and ceremony you and your guests will remember forever.
- Privacy: If your budget permits, renting a beach wedding resort for a day or two can be the perfect way to ensure that your beach wedding is a private affair. While this option may be out of reach for couples who are on a tight budget or who are concerned about their overall beach wedding cost, reserving your Miami Beach wedding venue just for you, your partner, your wedding party, and your invited guests can allow you to enjoy optimal privacy for your beach wedding reception and ceremony.
Whether you are considering Long Beach wedding venues, a Miami Beach wedding venue or Cancun weddings on the beach, you can select the best venues for beach weddings by doing some research. This can allow you to create a beach wedding reception and ceremony that will make a real impact on guests to your wedding and will allow you to enjoy the most trusted pros for beach wedding photography and décor for your special day.
How do you find décor for your beach wedding reception and ceremony?
When planning the décor for your beach wedding, you can also take some cues from desert wedding venues and other outdoor spaces. Looking at the ways in which couples decorated these locations for their weddings can often inspire your own décor for California beach wedding venues, beach weddings in Aruba, and other beach wedding venues. Plus, sand sculptures are one of the latest beach wedding ideas that can highlight your beach wedding in a unique and memorable way.
How do you choose the right venue for your beach wedding?
The first step in finding the perfect beach wedding venue is to decide whether you want a destination wedding or an event that’s closer to home. Since not every part of the United States is within easy driving distance of an appropriate beach wedding venue, checking out destination beach wedding venue options can allow you to make the most appropriate decisions. Make sure to consider the average beach wedding cost and your vision for the overall look and feel of your wedding. Whether you are looking for local beach wedding venues in California or British Virgin Islands beach wedding venues, opting for your favorite beach wedding venue is essential to creating the perfect look and feel for your celebration.
When selecting among the many venues for beach weddings, you will need to consider a few factors that will play a role in your decision. Financial concerns could put some beach wedding locations out of reach for you and your partner. The cost of transportation—not only for you and your wedding party, but for your guests—will also have an impact on making a final decision on your beach wedding venue. In some cases, costs could vary within one state. For example, Miami Beach wedding venues may be significantly more expensive than other beach wedding venues Florida has to offer. In a similar fashion, Malibu weddings on the beach can be more costly than some of the other beach wedding venues California is home to.
Choosing among the near-countless beach wedding locations can take some time, but it will be well worth your efforts. By determining which one works for you and your partner, you can get one step closer to enjoying the beach wedding of your dreams at a price you can afford. Whether you are looking for Miami beach wedding venues, beach wedding venues in Florida, or Cancun weddings on the beach, our directory can help you find the right information to guide your selection of venues for beach weddings.
Where are the best beach wedding locations?
Whether you are looking for the most popular beach wedding venues NJ has to offer or elegant beach wedding venues in Virginia to out west in California, finding the best venues for beach weddings can be a challenge. Many of the most popular beach wedding venues will fill up quickly, and weather concerns limit the window of time some locations can hold outdoor events. The top beach wedding venues California has are more available year-round, but they’re incredibly popular. Similarly, there are so many in-demand venues for weddings on the beach Miami couples find most appealing too. Our directory is an ideal resource to connect you with jaw-droppingly beautiful beach wedding venues in Virginia, Florida, New Jersey, California, and around the globe. To help you create your dream beach wedding, check out some of the most popular spots for them:
California Beach Wedding Venues
Malibu weddings on the beach are another option for West Coast locals and visitors. Beach wedding venues California couples will love are located all along the coast. These beach weddings allow you and your guests to take full advantage of the sunny weather and beautiful beaches—the key perks that make Malibu weddings on the beach truly special. If you are looking for beach wedding venues California can offer, Malibu weddings on the beach are an outstanding choice for you, your partner, and the guests you invite to share this special day with you.
Long Beach Wedding Venues
Situated on the water in Los Angeles County, Long Beach wedding venues are among the most popular options for beach weddings California couples will love. By selecting from the available Long Beach wedding venues out there, you can guarantee a gorgeous event with fairly mild temperatures year-round. Long Beach also gives you and your guests easy access to several local airports, making travel considerably more efficient and convenient.
New Jersey Beach Wedding Venues
A popular option for East Coast residents, New Jersey beach wedding venues may be associated with a resort or may serve as stand-alone venues for your beach wedding. If you are looking for the most popular beach wedding venues NJ has to offer, we recommend ensuring they have indoor-outdoor options. New Jersey beach wedding venues can often experience inclement weather that can affect your beach wedding reception or ceremony. By checking with New Jersey beach wedding venues to confirm that a back-up location is available, you can enjoy the best beach wedding venues NJ has for couples planning their wedding in the Garden State. Whether you are planning a June wedding at one of the major New Jersey beach wedding venues or thinking outside the box to explore the most avant-garde beach wedding venues NJ boasts during the fall or winter, you can easily find the right options for you.
Virginia Beach Wedding Venues
Beach wedding venues in Virginia can be the perfect place to exchange vows and celebrate your wedding. Virginia beach wedding venues may offer indoor-outdoor convenience to prevent bad weather from spoiling beach weddings. This can be especially important for your beach wedding reception or for protecting elegant and costly beach wedding dresses that could be ruined in a sudden rainstorm.
Miami Beach Wedding Venues
Southeast-based couples and tourists alike love that Miami Beach wedding venues offer plenty of sun and sand. Keep in mind that these Florida beach wedding venues can be crowded and incredibly difficult to secure. Making arrangements for Miami beach wedding accommodations can assist your guests in finding affordable rooms for their trip to your Miami Beach wedding venue too. If you are interested in finding the world’s most beautiful beach wedding venues Florida is a state that can offer for your ceremony and reception, Miami beach wedding venues are solid contenders for the top options. If you have your heart set on a Miami Beach wedding venue, however, you may experience long waits for an available reservation slot. Miami Beach wedding venues are in high demand and can be booked years in advance. But of all the places for weddings on the beach Miami is one of the more breathtaking spots to host your big day.
Other Florida Beach Wedding Venues
Beach weddings hosted outside of Miami can be more accessible and less crowded than the most popular sites on the coast. For weddings on the beach Miami has plenty of options, but there are other can’t-miss locations in Florida. By choosing one of the other Florida beach wedding venues located outside the Miami metropolitan area, you can expand your search and still guarantee the most memorable day for you and your guests. The best beach wedding venues Florida offers extend past the city of Miami, and there are a variety of spots to consider: the Florida Keys, Destin, Clearwater, and more. Selecting the perfect Florida beach wedding venues outside the most popular city can also help you to avoid the crowds that are typically associated with weddings on the beach Miami is known for.
International Beach Wedding Venues
These beach wedding venue options include Cancun weddings on the beach, beach weddings in Brazil, and many other spots. With so many beaches all over the world, you’ll need to narrow your search when it comes to planning a destination wedding you and your guests will remember forever.
Whether you are looking for Long Beach wedding venues in California, interested in exploring the beach wedding venues Florida couples recommend, or want to travel across the world, our directory is a great resource for determining the best venues for beach weddings. Our gallery of real beach weddings can help you find inspiration for beach wedding dresses and décor for your special day.
How much will the venue for a beach wedding cost?
While the cost of beach weddings will vary depending on location, number of guests, and other factors, the average cost of a wedding in the United States was listed as $27,100 in 2021. Even with the cost of travel, destination weddings can sometimes cost less than comparable weddings closer to home. This can make your beach wedding even more appealing for you and your partner and can allow you to combine your honeymoon with your wedding ceremony and reception, which can continue to save you more on the cost of a beach wedding in a beautiful and exotic location.
Many couples wonder, "What will I pay for beach wedding venues near me?" When planning your beach wedding, the best way to determine beach wedding cost in your area is doing all the research necessary first. Once you’ve identified local beach wedding venues in our directory, you can look at their profile and contact them directly to determine availability and pricing. This can allow you to manage your beach wedding cost more effectively. It is important to keep in mind, however, that prices for wedding venues can vary depending on the season of the year, the amenities you need, and the demand for the venue among other couples in your area.
When planning beach weddings, you can often reduce costs by decreasing the number of guests invited to these events. Intimate beach weddings can cut down on your overall beach wedding cost by reducing the price of catering and other necessities for your event. Smaller weddings are one of the most popular trends in the industry right now and can provide you with the flexibility you need to make your beach wedding truly unique and special.
When it comes to invitations, you can opt for printed or paperless (the latter will be more expensive). If you do decide to go paperless with your beach invitations, you will also want to create a unique wedding website to provide up-to-date and accurate information for those invited to your wedding. Wedding websites are relatively affordable and can serve as your primary means of communication with your wedding party and guests, and adding more information online is both efficient and less-costly (since you won’t need to share as much in your printed invite). For a small fraction of the total cost of your beach wedding, you can enjoy significant benefits that will make your wedding day even more special for you, your partner, and all those who attend.
Vendors will also make up a considerable portion of your beach wedding cost. Taking into account the cost of your beach wedding cake, beach invitations, and beach wedding photography will allow you to create a clear picture budget overall. This can, in turn, allow you to create the beach wedding reception and ceremony you've always wanted at a price that works for you and your partner.
How much will vendors and other essentials for a beach wedding cost?
Along with your beach wedding venue, the vendors you select will have a significant impact on your overall beach wedding cost. Some of the most important factors in determining beach wedding cost include catering, beach wedding dresses, beach wedding photography, invitations and décor:
Beach Wedding Catering
Depending on the location of your beach wedding venue and the number of guests you plan to invite, catering will typically be the second largest category to consider when calculating your beach wedding cost. You may be able to reduce catering expenses for domestic and international beach weddings by choosing to invite fewer guests or opting for more affordable catering options for your chosen beach wedding venue. In some cases, your venue will be able to recommend affordable catering options for your beach wedding reception. This can allow you to enjoy your own unique beach wedding at a price that won't break your budget.
Beach Wedding Photography
Finding the right photographer for your beach wedding can allow you to capture all the special moments from your celebration. Be sure to check with your beach wedding venue before enlisting a company for beach wedding photography. Some areas allow drone photography and videography, while others may have strict rules about beach wedding photography on their premises. For example, public and national parks typically ban drones. This can limit the type of photos your wedding photographer can take in these areas. Finding the perfect solutions for your beach wedding photography requirements will allow you to create lasting reminders of your big day that you can cherish as family heirlooms well into the future.
Your beach invitations can be inspired by beach wedding dresses, your chosen venue, or your own personal style. You can select from paperless and print beach invitations that suit your personal style and budget too. Choosing beach invitations that reflect the theme of your event can provide your guests with an idea of what to expect when attending your beach wedding. Beach invitations can also include information on expected attire, local attractions, accommodations, and transportation arrangements. If you are planning a destination wedding at a popular beach wedding venue in Hawaii or another exotic location, your beach invitation should provide the right information to assist your guests in making plans to travel.
Beach Wedding Décor
Some of the beach wedding venues California couples recommend (among others) already have existing décor that can complement your vision. From the West Coast to East Coast and beyond, it’s important that your additions are cohesive with other elements, like your choice among beach wedding dresses and beach invitations. Decorating your Miami Beach wedding venue or venues for beach weddings in other spots across the world can be as simple as raking the sand, adding a few flowers, installing a podium or altar, and bringing in chairs for your guests. Alternatively, you can opt for rentals that may include lighting, furnishings for indoor or outdoor areas, and tables for your beach wedding reception.
Beach Wedding Dresses
Most beach wedding dresses reflect romantic or casual themes. This does not mean, however, that beach wedding dresses will be significantly less expensive than those designed for more formal affairs. In some cases, you may be able to find secondhand beach wedding dresses that suit your particular style and that mesh well with your beach wedding aesthetic. You can also take cues for your beach wedding dresses from décor for your beach wedding reception or from the features of the beach wedding locations you are considering. In some cases, your beach wedding planner can provide you with guidance on the best beach wedding dresses to suit your beach wedding venue. You can also look to our directory of real weddings for examples of beach wedding dresses that combine elegance with practicality to create the perfect look for your celebration.
Finding the right vendors can help you to manage costs and can ensure the best results for your beach wedding photography, catering, and other costs for the best beach wedding venues Florida and other areas have to offer for couples getting married. Some remote beach weddings may come with a more restricted pool of vendors or may offer services in-house. Making sure that you can choose the best vendors for beach weddings can help you plan more effectively for your upcoming celebration.
What should you keep in mind about beach wedding venues?
Beach weddings offer the beauty of sun and sand for your ceremony and reception. Keeping a few key considerations in mind when planning beach weddings can allow you to select the best venue for your big day. By carefully selecting beach wedding venues and making specific arrangements for your event, you can enjoy all the benefits that beach weddings have to offer without the drawbacks that could mar your dream day.
- Some beach wedding venues offer in-house catering and décor services. This can streamline your planning process and may save you money on some of the costs of beach weddings. For instance, you may be able to purchase packages for beach weddings that include staffing, catering, and furnishings for a lower price than you would pay to arrange for all these services yourself. This is more typical with a resort or hotel with several venue options and on-site or frequently-used local vendors.
- Weather is always an important consideration. Coastal beach wedding venues may be vulnerable to hurricanes and tropical storms. Even when the coast is clear of clouds, the ocean breezes and high humidity can sometimes take a toll on beach wedding makeup and hairstyles. Making arrangements for alternate venues if the weather does not cooperate with your wedding schedule can ensure that things go smoothly, even if Mother Nature throws a tantrum on the big day.
- You may need permits for beach weddings in public areas. For beach weddings in public parks or national parks, permits to hold beach weddings may be required. Other restrictions may also be put in place to protect the environment and to preserve beach wedding venues for the future. While most private beach wedding venue options do not require permits, it is worth asking about whether permits are required for beach weddings in the venue you are considering.
- Make sure the right amenities are on-site. Venues dedicated to beach weddings usually have bathrooms, kitchens, and electricity for guests and members of the wedding party. Some may even offer indoor chapels or reception halls that can be used if inclement weather threatens to spoil beach weddings. If your beach wedding venue does not offer these important facilities, however, you will need to rent generators and portable toilets to accommodate your guests. Checking the available amenities for beach wedding venues can help you to plan more effectively for your upcoming ceremony and reception. If rentals are often needed for beach weddings at your chosen venue, you may be able to touch base with the appropriate rental companies through your venue coordinator or wedding planner.
- Dress appropriately for your beach wedding. Although beach weddings are increasingly popular, some guests and members of your wedding party may not be aware of the difficulties in walking on sand in high heels or slick-soled shoes. Warm weather and high humidity can also have an impact on the experience of guests to beach weddings during the spring, summer, and early fall. Alerting guests about the appropriate attire and footwear for beach weddings can help them to stay comfortable at the venue you have selected for your celebration.
- Include transportation in your beach wedding planning process. Even if your beach wedding will take place close to home, it is worthwhile to include information about transportation options for your guests. This will ensure that your guests can make plans for attending this special event in your life.
- Reserving a block of rooms. Doing this for your destination wedding can make beach weddings much more convenient and accessible for your invited guests. Be sure to let your guests know when the block of rooms will be released. This can help you to avoid disappointing those who want to attend your beach wedding and who need local accommodations to do so.
- Reserve your venue for your beach wedding early. The ongoing popularity of beach weddings and delays caused by the pandemic have led to extremely high demand for these venues. Reserving your beach wedding venue as soon as you or your partner pops the question can allow you to plan more effectively and ensure that you can book the best venue for your beach wedding reception and ceremony.
- Work together with your partner. Just as marriage is a partnership, planning for your wedding should be a joint effort by you and your partner. Relaxed and casual beach weddings may require a little less planning than more elaborate and formal wedding arrangements, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t effort involved. You and your partner can provide each other the necessary help and support needed to determine the right elements for your upcoming wedding. This can reduce stress for you and can serve as a bonding experience for you and your partner during the lead-up to your wedding day.
- Don't sweat the small stuff. Perhaps the most important advice to keep in mind when planning beach weddings is to avoid stress and worry over small things that cannot be easily fixed. Rather than trying to iron out all the imperfections that you fear could affect your beach wedding, it is more productive to focus on important elements of the ceremony and reception to ensure that the wedding goes smoothly. Small mistakes and mishaps can be overlooked and may serve as cherished memories of your unique wedding day.
Considering the special challenges that beach weddings can present will allow you to make the most practical plans for your upcoming ceremony and reception. Whether you are planning a destination wedding in Cancun or an intimate wedding close to home, our directory is a terrific resource for information on beach wedding venues, vendors who work with your chosen venue, and the best inspiration for your upcoming beach wedding ceremony and reception plans.
How do you start planning your beach wedding?
To get started in the planning process, look through our directory of real-life beach weddings and take notes (mental or otherwise!) of the ideas you really love. By finding the vendors and venues for beach weddings, you can access inspiration that will allow you to create a unique and beautiful beach wedding that you and your partner will be excited to enjoy with your friends and family. With all the inspiration you need and a trusted vendor team, you’ll be one step closer to planning the beach wedding of your dreams.