Event Space Wedding Venues:
Everything You Need to Know
If you are looking for an all-inclusive option that offers the right facilities and amenities for your big day, a dedicated event space can be a solid choice for you and your partner. Event spaces may include ballrooms, large dining halls, or lofts that can provide the perfect backdrop for your ceremony and reception.
Reserving an event space can take some of the stress out of the process of planning your wedding. Restrooms, kitchens and a wedding coordinator may already be included as part of the services offered by your event space rental choice. Some venues may also have decor already in place, or an infrastructure that will easily coordinate with the aesthetic you’re already dreaming about. Whether you need a small event space or one that’s large enough for 100 guests or more, these types of venues are a solid choice for weddings close to home or around the world.
Using our directory, you can look through real-life weddings and venues that can make it easy to manage all aspects of your big day. From NYC event space options to local venues, we can help you learn more about catering, indoor-outdoor options, and other vendors who will work for your plans. This guide will provide you with the basic information you need to create the event space wedding you’ve always wanted.
What is an event space wedding venue?
Event spaces are designed to accommodate a wide range of activities that may include conferences, family get-togethers, and of course, weddings. Event space options that are designed specifically for weddings may already include the decor and the accommodations that many couples look for in traditional or modern weddings. Other event spaces may incorporate in-house restaurants, gardens, and other special amenities that will give your wedding that “wow” factor. Whether you are looking for New York City event space options, an international venue in Toronto, or a bayfront spot in your town, the limit is practically endless when it comes to finding the best dedicated spot to host your event.
When planning your wedding at event spaces (or any other venue, for that matter), you will need to consider the types of services available from the property itself. Your wedding event space should provide most of the services you really need for a wedding, and some even come with fun extras. For example, some event spaces for weddings offer catering options that can save you time and stress on finding a caterer for your reception. Other services that may be available directly from your wedding event space and its on-site team include the following:
- Photography and videography: These services may be available at an additional fee from the venue for your event space wedding. Checking into the availability and experience of these visual arts professionals can allow you to create lasting memories of your special day. If you have selected an event space NYC couples often use for weddings, you can also request recommendations for local wedding photographers and videographers from the coordinator at your event space rental.
- Wedding officiant: This will usually be the responsibility of the happy couple at most wedding event spaces. If you are choosing a dedicated NYC event space that caters solely to weddings, however, an officiant may be included in the cost. If you do not already have an officiant lined up to perform your wedding, checking with your wedding event space coordinator or venue manager might save you money and time. At the very least, coordinators at these wedding event spaces could connect you with a professional who they work with often.
- Decorations: Where possible, it is usually a good idea to visit the event space personally to determine what decor changes or additions may be required. While some rental event space options may be complementary to the mood board you’ve created, other event spaces could require a little extra brainstorming on your part. Asking your event space coordinator to send pictures of the venue without added decor can give you a better idea of what is there and what you will need to add to create the perfect look for your upcoming wedding celebration.
- Amenities: For some event space wedding venues, you may need to add facilities or amenities to suit the needs of your guests. For instance, outdoor venues may require wedding rentals of chairs, tables, or portable bathrooms to accommodate your guests comfortably. Mountaintop, beachfront, or bayfront event space venues may restrict the types of furnishings or transportation available for use in these areas, as it could impact the natural environment. Checking with the coordinator of your event space rental can help you to navigate these requirements more easily and effectively.
- Other must-haves: Once you have chosen your wedding event space, you can often take some cues from your venue to decide on your dress, your design for wedding invitations, and even the flowers you select. Taking a look at your options for an event space for rent can allow you to come up with a theme and an overall look and feel for your wedding. This can allow you to create a cohesive look that combines the best elements of your rental event space with your wedding attire, decor, and many other aspects of your celebration.
Figuring out the most important questions to ask your event space coordinator can provide you with valuable information that can help you plan your wedding more effectively. The process of planning, however, can often be made much easier by choosing the right event space for weddings and receptions.
How do you decorate an event space?
Finding the right theme and venue will allow you and your partner to begin planning your wedding at the rental event space of your choice. The first step is to find an event space to rent that will accommodate most (or all) of your needs. While a rental event space designed specifically for weddings will usually include bathrooms, access to electricity and lighting, and other must-haves, outdoor or more unusual event space options will typically require a little more work on your part.
Some options for event space for rental may come with the necessities but lack the decor you need to make your wedding special. For example, firehouse event spaces are trending in the wedding industry and may require extensive decor to completely transform this unique venue. Conversely, if you are considering morning weddings at event spaces in your area, you may need to center your wedding decor around the abundant sunshine that often characterizes these types of events. Some of the most important considerations when choosing decor for your event space will often include the following:
- Your overall wedding theme: This will usually play a large role in both your selection of an event space for rent and your overall decor decisions. For example, you can find the perfect examples of boho wedding decor, along with the event space chosen for these types of weddings in our directory. This can help you in making the right choices for event space for weddings and in finding the right decor to suit your theme. If you are planning a more classic wedding, many companies that offer event space for rent also maintain a selection of in-house furnishings that are available for use.
- The size of your event space: The square-footage of the area will also dictate the amount of decor that will fit into the venue. Choosing a smaller event space for rental will reduce the amount of room for guests, tables, chairs, flowers, and other wedding essentials. If you are planning to incorporate ornate and elaborate decor, choosing a larger event space to rent is usually the best way to ensure that all the elements of your wedding will fit in the venue you have chosen.
- The look and feel of your event: Event spaces themselves can provide you with cues that can enhance the cohesiveness of your wedding decor. For instance, if your event space for rental involves a large ballroom or oversize warehouse, you can enhance its beauty with masses of flowers, an elegant archway, and other items. It’s important to keep in mind that these larger pieces may not be suited for more intimate event spaces.
- The number of guests: Your guest count will influence not only the size of the event space to rent but also the decor you choose. If your reception will take place in a smaller event space for weddings, you may want to restrict your decor to items that can hang on the walls or tabletop decorations. This can offer added room for your guests to move about your event space for rental and can ensure the most pleasant experience for everyone at your wedding celebration.
- Your budget: How much you’re planning to spend on your wedding can also factor into the types of decor you choose. While flowers are usually a good addition to any event space for rental, the price has a wide range, depending on the look and style you want. Keep in mind your budget restrictions, plus the cost of your event space for rent, when deciding on the decor you want for your wedding day. In some cases, finding a smaller or less expensive event space to rent can allow you to select the perfect decor to create the wedding of your dreams.
- Vendors: The vendors you choose may have an impact on your decor and your overall ability to bring your wedding vision to life. In particular, your wedding planner can provide you with recommendations that can assist you in finding the perfect event space for rent and the decor you need to create a magical wedding you, your partner, and your guests will love.
- Type of event space for rental: Where you decide to host your event is an important part of the process, for several reasons. Upscale event spaces in big cities, for example, typically require more elegant decorations than rustic or outdoor environments. Considering the expectations of your guests can often allow you to create the perfect decor for your upcoming wedding plans and to complement the venue you have chosen.
- Personal touches: Bringing in elements that are unique to you and your partner are important additions to your decor. Incorporating items that you and your partner love to enhance your event space will make your wedding ceremony and reception even more personal for you and your guests. Additionally, a hint of whimsy can go a long way toward ensuring that everyone at your wedding ceremony has a sense of who you are as a couple. Think of your event spaces as a hub for anything you can imagine, and work with your vendor team to make it all happen.
It is essential to remember that your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you will remember for many years to come. Finding the perfect decor to enhance your experience and tie in your theme should include your own personal preferences and those of your partner. If you want a fairytale wedding, or one that has a garden on its grounds, choosing an event space that can accommodate these types of decor is a good first step toward creating the perfect environment for exchanging your vows.
What are the best event space wedding venues?
Event space wedding venues are available across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and of course, all around the world. Some of the most popular locations for event spaces are listed here:
Atlanta Event Space Wedding Venues
Finding an elegant Atlanta event space can be relatively simple because of the booming city. Many dedicated wedding venues offer Atlanta event space that can be transformed to suit the needs of couples planning to get married there. Additionally, the cosmopolitan and diverse nature of this city ensures that Atlanta event space options are plentiful and there’s a lot of variety too. You can also check out nearby restaurants and attractions near your Atlanta event space for any other wedding weekend plans. If you want to get married in the capital city of Georgia, you are sure to find the perfect Atlanta event space for your upcoming wedding celebration.
California Event Space Wedding Venues
Now, we understand this is a state–but there are too many cities to choose from when it comes to wedding venues in California! California event spaces run the entire range of options from seaside resorts to outdoor event space for rent. Because California is a large coastal state, you can also concentrate your search for an event space for rent to specific cities or communities within the state. The mountainous northern areas of California may offer event space for weddings in the great outdoors, while Southern California may feature event spaces with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. Pro tip: Orange County is a great spot to find a bayfront event space too.
Chicago Event Space Wedding Venues
Chicago event space weddings can be held in a wide range of venues, including waterfront weddings and conference facilities located in this center of national commerce. The city is located on the shores of Lake Michigan, which can allow you to find the perfect Chicago event space with stunning views and beautiful backdrops for your wedding pictures. If you are interested in some of the local attractions, you can often locate Chicago event space options close to the Art Institute of Chicago, the Lincoln Park Zoo, or the world-renowned Millennium Park complex. Adventure seekers may want to choose Chicago event space for their weddings close to the Navy Pier, which offers a variety of rides, shops, and dining opportunities. The central location of this beautiful city can make it easy for guests to attend your wedding at your selected Chicago event space.
Denver Event Space Wedding Venues
Denver is known as the Mile High City thanks to its elevation over sea level and the mountains and forested areas that surround this modern city. Finding the perfect event space in Denver depends on your own personal tastes and preferences. For art lovers, choosing an event space in Denver that is close to the Denver Art Museum can be a solid option. Venues close to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science or the Denver Botanic Gardens can also provide convenient activity options for a neighboring event space in Denver. The numerous parks around the city can also be a good resource when looking for your event space in Denver.
Houston Event Space Wedding Venues
Home of the internationally renowned Space Center Houston, this large Texas city is located on Galveston Bay, which makes it a great option for a bayfront event space. History buffs can find the perfect Houston event space near the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site. Meanwhile, music lovers can appreciate the Houston Grand Opera is located close to some of the most elegant Houston event space options in the city. If you and your partner are looking for unique architecture close to fine dining options, selecting a Houston event space close to the Historic District can allow you to enjoy the beauty of this area while celebrating your union in the Lone Star State.
Kansas City Event Space Wedding Venues
Finding the perfect Kansas City event space might feel like a daunting task. While there are plenty of hotels, conference centers, and other Kansas City event space options, you can also think outside the box to explore offbeat event spaces that may include public gardens, sports arenas and many other options. The best Kansas City event space options should accommodate both ceremonies and receptions, and will likely come with a dedicated team who can help with the coordination. If you are working with a wedding planner, they may also have recommendations for the best Kansas City event space options for your upcoming wedding.
Miami Event Space Wedding Venues
Miami event space options typically include beachfront event space wedding venues. Choosing the right Miami event space can allow you to incorporate your own ideas about decor and theme to create the wedding you have always wanted. Some options for event space to rent may offer catering options that can allow you to sample the delicious cuisine of this area. Others may feature spectacular views of the beach or other iconic Miami landmarks. Finding the perfect Miami event space for your reception and ceremony can allow you to create the wedding of your dreams in the most idyllic surroundings for you and your partner.
Nashville Event Space Wedding Venues
The popularity of Nashville event space for ceremonies and receptions can be attributed in part to the city's long history as a center for music and entertainment. The Grand Ole Opry, the Country Music Hall of Fame, and other attractions have led to the development of many Nashville event space options that can accommodate wedding parties of all sizes. With that, though, finding the perfect Nashville event space for your wedding can sometimes be tricky. If you want to get away from the bright lights of Broadway, a bayfront event space may be available at parks that adjoin the J. Percy Priest Reservoir too.
New Orleans Event Space Wedding Venues
The cultural heritage of the New Orleans area can make it an excellent place to find the event space for rent that you need for your upcoming wedding. New Orleans event spaces for weddings may feature elegant architecture, indoor-outdoor options, or some of the look and feel of Mardi Gras (regardless of the time of year). Finding rental event space during major holidays or during Mardi Gras, especially, can present some challenges. Dedicated event space wedding venues in New Orleans can often fill their schedules quickly. Reserving event space for weddings early in the planning process can allow you to enjoy the widest range of options in New Orleans and the surrounding communities in Louisiana.
New York City Event Space Wedding Venues
The vibrant and versatile communities that make up New York City can provide you with plenty of options for event space weddings. It’s really important to consider the cost of living there, and the prices that come with that. For instance, wedding event space in NYC during Fashion Week or around New Year’s Eve will usually be somewhat more expensive than other options. An event space in Brooklyn booked during the off-season, for example, could be a great choice for an industrial wedding. If you are looking for an event space NYC couples recommend or have used, our directory is a great resource for photos of real-life weddings. Finding the best wedding event space in NYC for you and your partner is all about putting in the work to research your favorite areas and determining which ones match your vision.
When looking for the ideal New York City event space, you may want to consider opting for an indoor-outdoor option. Outdoor event spaces may involve more planning, especially due to potential weather concerns. The trade-off, however, is that these New York City event space options will likely offer can’t-miss views of the cityscape and rivers on either side of Manhattan. Selecting an event space NYC couples recommend to friends and family can often help you to create the perfect look and feel for your own wedding. By selecting an elegant and beautiful event space in Brooklyn, you can often enjoy the benefits of big-city weddings without the expense associated with the more expensive options for event space NYC has to offer.
Transportation can also be a consideration when planning your wedding at an event space in Brooklyn or at one of the options for event space NYC has to offer. Traveling across the city can be difficult, especially if your guests are not already familiar with your NYC event space. When scheduling your wedding at a New York city event space venue, you may want to ask about the available methods of transportation to the wedding from various parts of the city. If your wedding will be held at a NYC event space associated with a hotel, however, you may be able to reserve a block of rooms that will eliminate this issue for you and your guests.
There are so many reasons why couples gravitate toward NYC event space options, but it’s most common among locals who fell in love there. With that, finding the most appropriate event space NYC has to offer can be challenging, so it’s helpful to know your surroundings. Whether you are looking for a venue with room for more than 100 guests or a small event space on the outskirts of the city, the luxury is that you’ll have a lot of options. NYC event spaces require preparation for sure, but there’s a reason (er, dozens!) why they’re in such high-demand.
Philadelphia Event Space Wedding Venues
This historic city is located on the Delaware River and is home to Philadelphia International Airport, which can make it much easier for guests from around the world to attend your upcoming wedding. Philadelphia event space options could be close to the Valley Forge National Historical Park or the famous Liberty Bell, which is close to historic Independence Hall. Whether you are looking for a Philadelphia event space with a view of the Delaware River or a smaller option that’s close to popular hotels in this city, there are plenty of choices available here. Consider whether you’d like a big or small event space close to the many universities this incredible city is home to, and go from there. Whichever route you decide, we’re confident that you’ll discover the best Philadelphia event space for your upcoming wedding.
St. Louis Event Space Wedding Venues
St. Louis event spaces offer affordable elegance for many couples in the Midwest. While finding an event space with a view of the Gateway Arch can be challenging, you can often find the perfect event spaces close to the Mississippi River or near the Saint Louis Zoo and Missouri Botanical Garden.
Toronto Event Space Wedding Venues
Located just across Lake Ontario from the United States, Toronto event space options are an excellent compromise between the expense of a destination wedding while remaining stateside. Choosing a Toronto event space can allow you to enjoy waterfront views and access to the Aga Khan Museum, the numerous green spaces scattered throughout the city, and the Centreville Amusement Park. When selecting a Toronto event space, consider the heat and humidity that often occurs during the summer months. This can impact your options for decor, your wedding attire, and other aspects of your celebration. In some cases, an indoor-outdoor Toronto event space may be the perfect option for you and your guests.
Destination Event Space Wedding Venues
If you and your partner are dreaming of a wedding in a faraway location, finding the perfect event space to rent can pose significant challenges. While many destination event space options offer English-language services, you may need to search a bit to find an event space for rental that is affordable and that offers the amenities and facilities you need. In many cases, a local wedding planner or coordinator can assist you in finding an event space to rent in the place where you want to get married.
Whether you are looking for an expansive New York City event space, a smaller event space in Brooklyn or a venue located anywhere else in the country or around the world, you can easily find the perfect options for your upcoming wedding with a little research. From historic Houston event space options or to an industrial event space in Brooklyn, it’s all about determining where to make it happen. Big cities often provide the most vast selection, but you should be able to find event spaces in any area. To get started, you can use our directory and filter by location. So, if you want to find an event space in Denver, you’ll have a few options with the click of a button.
And some cities with event space venues are in incomparably high demand. It is essential to remember that NYC event space options are typically booked months or even years in advance. Making plans to secure your event space in Brooklyn or in other areas of New York City early in the process of planning your wedding can make scheduling your wedding easier for you and your partner. In some cases, looking just outside the city can put you in reach of the major attractions without the delays and expense of venues in high-demand areas.
Are event space venues expensive?
The cost of an event space rental will vary depending on location, demand and the size of the venue. The recent pandemic has created a situation in which prices have risen because of supply chain issues and demand for weddings, which could have an impact on the overall cost of your event space wedding.
A wedding in the United States costs nearly $34,000 on average, but we can estimate that it’s higher than that figure. This cost will increase significantly for larger weddings, destination affairs, and events held in areas with high demand. For example, an NYC event space will typically cost much more than a comparably-sized and outfitted location in a remote area.
Creating a breakdown of wedding costs can allow you to prioritize the most important elements of your wedding. If you are planning a smaller wedding because you want a more intimate event, following the guidelines for pandemic weddings can not only ensure a safer ceremony and reception but can also save you money on the cost of your wedding. Downsizing your wedding can allow you to choose a small event space and to reduce the cost of catering to a significant degree.
One of the best tips for planning your wedding is to cut back on less important elements to focus on those that really matter to you and your partner. Prioritize what you really want to dedicate funds to, whether it’s hair and makeup, your wedding dress, certain pieces of decor for your event space rental, or even an upgrade to your honeymoon plans. By focusing on what matters most to you, you can turn your rental event space into the most magical place for your big day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Event Space Weddings
How do I decide on the right event space rental near me for my upcoming wedding?
A few factors will go into your choice of event spaces. If you want to get married close to home, for instance, this will rule out destination event spaces for weddings and will put the focus on locations near your home or family. Finally, the amenities and appearance of your chosen event space for rental will also play a big role in determining which wedding event spaces are the best for your needs. Consider what you and your partner really want in a space, and where, and go from there in the decision process.
Where can I find wedding event spaces near me that have the amenities and facilities I need?
That’s really the beauty of event space wedding venues! These one-stop-shop places are a hub for creating the most incredible wedding, all with the luxury of their experience. Event spaces are made to host your wedding, and they have years of experience with catering to any and all needs. With our directory, you can also start this search by sorting event space rental options by location, which can allow you to find an array of wedding event spaces that are close to your home or to the location in which you wish to marry. This can make it much easier to find an event space to rent with the facilities and the appearance you want for your upcoming celebration.
Is there a convenient event space for rent near me?
Most definitely! Depending on where you live, you may find only a few options in your area. Friends, family members, and work colleagues may also provide helpful answers to the question, "Where are the best wedding event spaces near me?"
Can I reserve a wedding event space for my destination wedding?
Working with a wedding planner who works in the country or specific area you are considering can often help you find the perfect event spaces for weddings in faraway locations. In some cases, you may be able to contact venues directly to reserve your event space and to arrange for the appropriate decor and other accommodations in your desired location.
What are the primary things to look for when selecting an event space for weddings?
Some of the most important considerations for wedding event spaces include the size of the venue, the existing decor or general look of the property, and the types of services you want. Most event space wedding venues offer bathrooms and seating arrangements, among others. If you need kitchen space or a staging area for the wedding cake, your wedding event space should have that too. If you have any questions or concerns, you can check with your event space rental coordinator to make sure everything is in order.
How do you start looking for event spaces for Weddings?
Your friends, family members, and even colleagues can often provide you with suggestions about event spaces close to home or those that they have used in the past. Experienced wedding planners can also offer some insights into the best event spaces for weddings in their service area. And as we’ve mentioned, for a more extensive look at weddings held at event spaces in your area or in the location you plan to wed, Carats & Cake offers photos and venue and vendor information for places and people located all over the world. This can help you to find the perfect options for your upcoming wedding and can ensure that you find the right event space options for your ceremony and reception. Just think: The Denver, Southern California, or Miami event space that can do it all is at your fingertips.