Vineyard Wedding Venues:
Everything You Need to Know
Vineyards combine the beauty of nature with the care and cultivation needed to harvest grapes successfully and make delicious wine. As a result, these venues are often chosen for weddings and other celebrations. Vineyard wedding venues and winery weddings can take advantage of these elegant outdoor settings to create an unforgettable atmosphere for your event. These examples of winery wedding venues from real weddings can serve as inspiration for your own planning process.
Venues for your vineyard wedding are located across the country and around the world. Whether you are planning for a destination vineyard wedding in Italy or a local Brooklyn winery wedding, you may be surprised to find local winery wedding venues close to home. Our directory makes it easy to answer the question, "Where can I find vineyard wedding venues near me?" This guide featuring real-life weddings can help you find the ideal vineyard wedding ideas to inspire your own unique celebration.
With about 2.5 million weddings each year in the United States, it can be challenging to stand out from the crowd on your special day. But with this directory of the best vineyard wedding ideas—complete with photos and videos of real-life weddings at vineyard wedding venues—it’s easier than ever to start your journey to plan the perfect wedding for you and your partner.
In this guide, you’ll find answers to some of the key questions about winery weddings, including the following:
- Where can I hold a vineyard wedding near me?
- How much will a winery wedding venue near me cost?
- How can I decorate a vineyard or winery wedding near me?
- What features and amenities are available at wedding vineyards near me?
- Should I look at winery weddings near me or opt for a destination wedding?
- Is there an affordable winery wedding venue near me?
- Who are the best wedding vendors for winery weddings near me?
This guide will assist you in finding the perfect winery wedding venues and vendors for your upcoming ceremony and reception. You will also find helpful hints for planning your wedding, information on vineyard weddings, and ideas for decorating these venues for your upcoming vineyard or winery wedding. Our directory offers the most comprehensive selection of venues, and looking through each one can provide information about the vendors who you can really trust for your upcoming vineyard wedding.
Why do couples choose winery or vineyard wedding venues?
First, it’s important to know the distinction between a vineyard and a winery: A vineyard grows grapes, and a winery produces wine. Some of these venues might be both, but it’s possible that your dream wedding venue specializes in one or the other. There are many reasons couples choose to host a winery wedding. One reason could be as simple as convenience, so you might already be thinking, "There are so many winery wedding venues near me." If you don’t live close to a vineyard or winery, however, you may still wish to plan a winery wedding for yourself and your partner. Some of the most important reasons to consider vineyard and winery weddings are listed below:
- Romance: Both vineyards and wineries are romantic settings that combine greenery and outdoor areas with the rustic charm of the countryside. If you are planning a wedding reception and ceremony inspired by your favorite wedding movies, a vineyard or winery wedding could be the perfect choice for you.
- Convenience: Most vineyard wedding and winery wedding venues offer access to the amenities you will need, including running water, modern bathrooms, and electricity. These features can make it much easier to plan your big day.
- Natural beauty: Grape vines and leaves have long been considered beautiful adornments for furnishings and paintings. Especially if you are planning a fall vineyard wedding, you can take advantage of the changing foliage to enhance your wedding décor and create gorgeous photos of your once-in-a-lifetime wedding day.
- Cost: Hosting your special day at a vineyard or winery comes with the perk of a one-stop shop for your ceremony and reception. This may limit the cost of transportation, since you’ll be staying in one place. You may also be able to save on the cost of wedding wine by planning your ceremony or reception at winery wedding venues. Vineyard weddings can often take advantage of beautiful outdoor scenery to reduce the cost of your décor as well.
- Versatility: Venues for vineyard and winery weddings can be dressed up to match just about any wedding theme. By choosing winery wedding venues, you can create the perfect fairytale-like, rustic, or formal look for your ceremony and reception.
- Flexibility: Most vineyard and winery wedding venues have both indoor and outdoor capabilities. This can allow you to manage weather issues much more effectively for your fall vineyard wedding and during every season of the year.
- Elegance: A winery or vineyard wedding venue offers an elegant and memorable backdrop for your wedding celebration. Whether you are planning for a Napa vineyard wedding or a destination vineyard wedding in Italy, you can find the perfect winery or vineyard wedding venues on our website.
Our directory can help you and your partner find the perfect winery and/or vineyard wedding venues. If you are looking for the perfect winery wedding venues for your wedding day, our guide is the best source for the answer to the question, "Where are the best vineyard and winery wedding venues near me?"
Where are the best winery and vineyard wedding venues?
Winery and vineyard wedding venues are located in areas across the United States and in select regions around the world. You can choose a wedding at the oldest winery in the United States or select from wine producing regions around the world for a destination wedding your guests will remember for years. Since wedding guests attend two weddings each year on average, making a statement with your vineyard wedding is essential to ensure that your ceremony and reception are as memorable as possible. These vineyard wedding venues and winery weddings are among the most popular options for your upcoming nuptial events:
Italian Vineyard Wedding Venues
The iconic destination for a vineyard wedding is Italy. Planning a Tuscany vineyard wedding or a vineyard wedding in Italy can allow you to combine your honeymoon with your destination wedding. This can allow you to bring your friends and family together for your vineyard wedding in Italy to create memories to last a lifetime.
Other International Vineyard or Winery Wedding Venues
France, South America, and Spain are also popular options for vineyard wedding destinations. Finding the perfect winery wedding venues in these areas can allow you to enjoy the trip of a lifetime for your upcoming vineyard wedding.
Brooklyn Winery Wedding Venues
Brooklyn: While the Hamptons is considered a prominent wine region in the United States, a Brooklyn winery wedding can be an elegant escape from everyday city life. Your Brooklyn winery wedding can showcase the many attractions of the New York area while providing easy access for family members and friends who live nearby. Planning your Brooklyn winery wedding in one of the vineyard wedding venues in this area can allow you to enjoy the benefits of a vineyard wedding in this popular tourist destination.
North Carolina Vineyard Wedding Venues
North Carolina is one of the lesser known winery regions, which could reduce your overall vineyard wedding cost. Vineyard wedding venues in NC are often affordable and can provide all the amenities you need to create the wedding of your dreams. We can help you find vineyard wedding venues in NC that suit your needs and your budget.
California Vineyard Wedding Venues
Napa Valley vineyard wedding venues are among the most popular destinations for couples, and it makes sense. Your Napa vineyard wedding can feature the beautiful, temperate weather in California, while allowing you to enjoy easy access to many local attractions. If you are planning a Napa vineyard wedding, you will need to reserve your date early to ensure availability. You may also be able to incorporate a wine tour or a wine tasting as part of your wedding activities. Napa vineyard wedding options also allow you to offer a fun getaway for your local guests and other loved ones can easily fly in through one of the nearby airports.
And while Napa vineyard wedding locations offer the highest profile, other areas of the state can be the perfect setting for your California vineyard wedding. California is one of the largest wine-producing regions in North America. As a result, many vineyard wedding venues are available to choose from when planning your upcoming wedding. Some California vineyard wedding locations include Paso Robles in Central California and Mendocino in Northern California, and these spots can allow you to avoid potentially bigger crowds and can even save you money on the cost of your vineyard wedding. If your heart is set on a California vineyard wedding, selecting an area outside the Napa Valley can often make it much more affordable and easier to schedule your wedding arrangements this year.
Virginia Vineyard Wedding Venues
A Virginia vineyard wedding can combine the natural beauty of this scenic region with the elegance associated with a vineyard or winery wedding. If you are planning a Virginia vineyard wedding, spring or fall seasons offer comfortable outdoor temperatures. Just be sure to have indoor options if you plan a summer or winter Virginia vineyard wedding. Keeping potential weather concerns in mind can help you and your wedding guests feel as comfortable as possible, so everyone can have the most magical day and night at your wedding celebration.
Connecticut Winery and Vineyard Wedding Venues
Vineyard and winery wedding venues in Connecticut offer the elegance and beauty of a vineyard wedding for you and your partner. These venues may be overlooked by other couples who may not be aware of the wine industry in the state of Connecticut. As a result, choosing a vineyard wedding in Connecticut can often allow you to manage costs while creating the wedding of your dreams.
Whether you opt for a Virginia vineyard wedding close to home, a destination wedding in Italy, or a California vineyard wedding location for your ceremony and reception, finding the best ideas can help you to make your big event even more special. With these examples and your own ideas, you and your partner can seamlessly create a vineyard wedding event that people will talk about for years to come.
How much do winery or vineyard wedding venues cost?
While the average cost of a wedding was $20,300 in 2020, most experts predict that couples should expect higher prices because of inflation and increased demand—and winery and vineyard wedding venues are certainly included in that projection. The best thing you can do is research and find the right venues and vendors who can help you to control costs for your upcoming wedding.
Wedding costs can vary widely depending on the state in which you plan to host your big day. In some high-demand areas and vineyard wedding locations, like Napa, larger weddings can cost up to $30,000 or more.
The number of guests you plan to invite will have a big impact on the cost of your vineyard or winery wedding. Cutting down your guest list can reduce the cost of catering and may allow you to select a more intimate venue for your vineyard wedding. This may also provide you with added funds to spend on other aspects of your wedding.
The season of the year you choose may also affect the cost of your vineyard wedding. For example, autumn is a popular season for winery weddings. If you are planning a fall vineyard wedding, you may need to schedule early and prepare to pay a premium price for your fall vineyard wedding venue. Increased demand for wedding venues is expected to reduce availability of the most desirable wedding dates at vineyards and wineries around the United States and across the globe this year, which could have an impact on your overall vineyard wedding cost.
Creating a comprehensive breakdown of your vineyard wedding cost can sometimes help you to identify areas in which you can reduce your spending. This can help you to keep your vineyard wedding cost lower while helping you to plan your big day more efficiently. Combined with crafting a checklist for wedding planning, mapping out a wedding budget can help you plan your expenditures for vendors and vineyard wedding venues while ensuring that you can afford the celebration you have always wanted.
One sure way to save money on your vineyard wedding is to plan an elopement to a vineyard wedding venue. This can reduce or even eliminate catering and other expenses associated with a vineyard wedding, and it’s best for those who want to keep their ceremony and reception super intimate. Elopements and smaller guest lists are increasingly popular for pandemic and post-pandemic weddings, and these types of gatherings are sometimes more affordable as well.
Which vendors and key items do you need for vineyard and winery weddings?
The venue for your vineyard wedding should typically account for about 30 percent of your overall wedding budget. From there, catering and other wedding vendors will make up most of the rest of the expenses associated with your winery or vineyard wedding. Finding the right vendors can help you to create elegant and memorable winery weddings for you, your partner, and your special guests.
Vineyard Wedding Planners
Your vineyard wedding planner can help you find the perfect vineyard and/or winery wedding ideas and can recommend venues that are located in the areas you want. Intimate winery weddings or large-scale vineyard weddings in the great outdoors can be easy to plan with the help of these skilled professionals. Wedding planners can even provide expert tips for winery weddings, and they can even offer advice on selecting the perfect vineyard wedding dress and other cohesive elements for your big day.
Vineyard and Winery Caterers and Cake Bakers
Caterers for vineyard and winery weddings can make these events even more special. Check with the winery wedding venues you are considering making sure that they are open to outside catering. Some vineyard and winery wedding venues may work exclusively with certain local caterers. Others may be open to a wide range of caterers for the winery weddings they host.
And while some caterers will also arrange for the cake of your choice, you can also find the perfect wedding cakes for vineyard and winery weddings by looking through the gallery of real-life weddings on our site. Whether your ideal theme is formal or casual, the perfect cake can make winery weddings even more special for you and your partner. Be sure to set up tastings for your chosen cakes with the bakers you are considering to ensure that your wedding cake tastes as good as it looks.
Vineyard Wedding Dress and Other Attire
Finding the perfect vineyard wedding dress can be a journey. Working with a designer to create your dream vineyard wedding dress can help you to make the best impression on your special day. Plus, your wedding dress can also inspire vineyard wedding ideas that can allow you to create the right décor for your vineyard or winery wedding. Picking up cues from the flowers, the wedding dress or the overall look of your wedding venue will often provide you with added inspiration for your winery or vineyard wedding décor.
Tuxedos can give an elegant and formal look for winery weddings that can enhance the overall look and feel of your celebration. Adding a touch of color that reflects the design of the décor or wedding dress can create cohesive looks for winery weddings in all types of settings.
Vineyard Wedding Hair and Makeup
Your hair and makeup team will help you look your best. The romantic look is one of the most popular winery wedding ideas for hair and makeup. With loose hair and elegant makeup, this look (or really, any beauty look you love) suits the atmosphere of vineyard weddings. You can also work with a pro who can help you find cohesion with your hair and makeup and the color schemes of most winery wedding venues.
Vineyard Wedding Photography and Videography
Choosing the right photographers and videographers can ensure that you capture every moment of your vineyard wedding. Winery weddings offer many opportunities for unique wedding photos and videos in scenic locations. The right photography and videography team can create a beautiful visual record of your vineyard wedding. If you are considering drone photography or videography, however, you will want to check with your venue to make sure these activities are allowed on their grounds.
Vineyard Wedding Invitations
Option for wedding invitations with a botanical or floral theme can complement most venues for winery weddings. If you are considering vineyard wedding venues, your wedding invitations can reflect the theme of your winery wedding to create a rustic, formal, or fairytale-like look for every element of your celebration. Creating a visual link between your wedding invitations and your venue and theme will create the most beautiful and cohesive look for all of your stationery.
Vineyard Wedding Decorations
Vineyard and winery wedding décor can be as simple as adding some flowers here and there or as ornate as hanging dramatic installations. Checking with your prospective vineyard and winery wedding venues to determine what décor is already in place can help you find the perfect solutions for all of your styling needs. Your wedding planner can often provide you with help in deciding on the perfect decorations and other winery wedding ideas for your venue too.
Vineyard Wedding Bands and DJs
Music for vineyard weddings can range from classical chamber music to upbeat modern hits. Incorporating your own personal taste when planning the music for your wedding ceremony and reception can allow you to enjoy your celebration to the fullest.
Vineyard Wedding Officiant
The right officiant is essential to the success of your vineyard wedding. Your wedding officiant can be a minister, a friend, a family member, or anyone else authorized to make weddings official. Most wedding officiants can also serve as witnesses for intimate winery or vineyard weddings.
If you are planning a vineyard wedding, finding the right vendors can help you to manage your event and can help you to transform your vineyard wedding ideas into reality. Our directories include photos of and information about real-life weddings, which can inspire your own winery wedding ideas and to help you find the vendors you need to make your dream wedding come true.
What décor will you need for winery or vineyard weddings?
Finding the perfect vineyard and winery wedding ideas is the key to creating the perfect wedding. Your wedding planner may be able to give you some vineyard wedding ideas for decorating your venue. For those planning winery weddings, here are some keys to success in making the venue authentic to you and your partner:
- Take time to look at the specific vineyard wedding venues you are considering. Vineyard weddings often feature plenty of greenery and may not need a great deal of added help to look their absolute best. By taking the time to check out winery wedding venues in person, you can generate your own ideas that can make your special day a unique experience for you, your partner, and your guests.
- Consider a rustic approach. Wineries and vineyards are typically outdoor venues, which makes them a versatile option for your wedding plans. By taking advantage of the greenery already in place and enhancing it, you can cut costs for your vineyard wedding décor while ensuring the most beautiful and natural look for these venues.
- Many vineyard wedding venues have furniture on hand for you to use. If you need additional furniture for your vineyard wedding, however, rental furniture is generally available from local vendors. Finding the right rentals can transform vineyard wedding venues to create the perfect backdrop for your wedding vows and reception. Your wedding planner may also be able to provide practical winery wedding ideas to help you manage these tasks.
- Consult with your partner. Your wedding is an important day for both of you. Making sure that you and your partner work together to plan your vineyard or winery wedding can make it much more special for both of you. Compromising and deciding on the various elements of your wedding plans can be a bonding experience that can bring you even closer as a couple.
- Your wedding planner can be a great source for ideas for decorating your vineyard or winery wedding venues. If you are looking for vineyard wedding ideas for creating the perfect décor, our directory can also provide you with examples of real-life weddings that can inspire your own unique ideas.
- Outdoor winery wedding venues will typically require additional décor that may include furnishings and seating for your guests. Many winery weddings, however, take place on expansive estates that may allow for indoor-outdoor ceremonies and receptions. Taking a look at the vineyard wedding venues you are considering and asking about available furnishings. Looking through these can help you to bring your own vineyard wedding ideas to life more easily.
- Lighting can also be a key element in décor for winery weddings. Some winery wedding venues already have lighting for outdoor ceremonies and receptions. If lighting is not already in place for your vineyard wedding, however, you will have choices that range from candlelight to rented lighting powered by electricity or generators.
- Combining cohesive décor that works with your chosen venue can help you implement your own vineyard wedding ideas more effectively. With such a beautiful backdrop, these locations can work with a wide range of themes and can showcase your own winery wedding ideas beautifully.
Whether you are interested in vineyard or winery weddings, the right décor can make these venues shine. This can create the perfect setting for your romantic wedding ceremony and reception. Our directory is an ideal starting point for finding vineyard and winery wedding ideas that will work with your theme and will transform your venue into a unique work of art.
Bringing Your Vineyard and Winery Wedding Ideas to Life
Once you have selected your favorite among the best winery wedding venues for your ceremony and reception, you can start implementing your own unique ideas. Color schemes for winery weddings often feature burgundy or champagne hues. You can, however, choose any color scheme that you like and that complements the winery wedding venues you are considering for your event.
When brainstorming for ideas with your partner, it is important to remember that not all your ideas will be practical. Don't be discouraged if financial limitations, or even the laws of physics, rule out some of your vineyard wedding ideas. If you’re ever in doubt, prioritize your winery wedding ideas from most to least important. This will allow you to implement the essential elements of your dream wedding while keeping your budget in check. Even if you don’t accomplish everything on your dream must-have list, your wedding should reflect your own personal aesthetic and that of your partner to make it as special as possible.
More than anything, relax and have fun on your big day. Your wedding is a joyous occasion that you will remember forever. Taking time to enjoy your partner (and yes, the sometimes-stressful lead-up) will allow you to create lasting memories before and on your wedding day. This can help you and your partner to build a closer relationship and navigate the stress that wedding planning can sometimes bring along with it.
How do you find the best winery or vineyard wedding venues and ideas?
With our directory, you can find all the best vineyard wedding ideas and wedding tips that can help you to dress up venues for winery weddings, find the perfect vineyard wedding dress, and to plan your wedding from start to finish. By taking a look at these incredible real-life vineyard and winery weddings, you and your partner can really start to plan out your own unique ceremony and reception.