Dallas Wedding Venues:
Everything You Need to Know
The Lone Star State is a popular destination for weddings and offers many attractions for couples planning to get married in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, in particular. Dallas weddings often feature rustic styles, bucolic settings, and Southern hospitality, which can help you and your partner to create the most warm and romantic atmosphere for your upcoming celebration.
This guide will help you find the best Dallas, Texas wedding venues and the right vendors to make your gathering a truly special occasion. We will offer hints about the best seasons for Dallas weddings, the most popular types of Fort Worth wedding venues, and the right vendors who can help bring your vision to life. If you are in the process of planning your wedding, this guide can help you find the right wedding venues in Dallas or Fort Worth to create the most magical and unique wedding day possible.
With our directory, you can access photos and information about real-life Dallas weddings to provide inspiration for you and your partner. Whether you are looking for wedding venues in Dallas, Fort Worth or any of the surrounding areas, Carats & Cake can provide you with all the inspo and help you need to create the ceremony and reception of your dreams.
What are the different parts of the Dallas/Fort Worth area?
Throughout this guide, we will talk about both Dallas and Fort Worth. Often discussed together, the “Dallas/Fort Worth” metroplex comprises 11 counties and accounts for the two big cities it’s named after. The region is also called “DFW,” which is also the acronym for the international airport there. Exploring the various neighborhoods in Dallas and Fort Worth can help you find the best Dallas wedding venues or the right Fort Worth wedding chapel, among other options available. With this guide, we hope to help you find the right Dallas wedding venue in the best neighborhood to make your wedding extra special. Here is a breakdown of the different areas within Dallas, plus it’s western neighbor, Fort Worth:
- Downtown: Planning your Dallas wedding at one of the many elegant downtown Dallas wedding venues is a great way to see the sights of this vibrant metropolitan area. Downtown Dallas wedding venues include churches, hotels, and restaurants close to major sports arenas and shopping centers. Choosing a location from among the top downtown Dallas wedding venues can be costly. For many couples, however, the beauty, elegance, and convenience of these Dallas wedding venues is well worth the added expense.
- Deep Ellum: Located on the eastern side of the city, Deep Ellum is a popular shopping district with plenty of nighttime entertainment options for the adventurous. Many small Dallas wedding venues can be found in this part of the metropolitan area, including restaurants and event spaces.
- Uptown: As its name suggests, Uptown offers upscale options for Dallas wedding venues that can make any celebration extra special. If you and your partner are interested in small Dallas wedding venues, you can often find the best options for your upcoming celebration in this part of the city.
- Park Cities: The location of Southern Methodist University, Park Cities offers an array of Dallas wedding venues that include country clubs, private estates, and many other options for you and your partner. Whether you are looking for large or small Dallas wedding venues, Park Cities could be the right choice for your upcoming wedding.
- North Dallas: With numerous shopping opportunities in this part of the metropolitan area, North Dallas wedding venues tend to be more affordable and accessible than those in Uptown or Downtown Dallas.
- South Dallas: The Bishop Arts District is the highlight of South Dallas, which boasts a number of elegant and small Dallas wedding venues. Artistically inclined couples can find great options for Dallas wedding venues in this part of the city.
- Fort Worth: Fort Worth wedding venues are a popular alternative to the options available in Dallas. Located 30 miles west of Dallas, wedding venues in Fort Worth vary widely in size, configuration, and cost. From the ever-popular Fort Worth wedding chapel to elaborate and elegant Fort Worth wedding venues with all the amenities, you can find the best options for your wedding in the area.
- Metroplex: Located between the cities of Fort Worth and Dallas, this suburban area can be an affordable alternative to the big city. When deciding between wedding venues in Dallas or Fort Worth, the Metroplex area may allow you to split the difference and potentially save money in the process.
- Irving and Las Colinas: The former home of the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, this part of Dallas features golf courses and resorts that can be ideal options for wedding venues in Dallas.
- Grapevine: Grapevine wedding venues in Dallas may include vineyards or other spots in the area.
- Arlington: The AT&T Stadium is the home of the Dallas Cowboys. Choosing a Dallas wedding venue in this area could be a great way to combine your love of sports with the love shared by you and your partner.
When searching for the best wedding venues in Dallas or Fort Worth, considering the neighborhoods in which these venues are located can be critical to the success of your wedding. By looking through all of the different Dallas wedding venues, it’s easier than ever to narrow your search to a few top choices. Whether you want an upscale Dallas wedding venue or are searching for Fort Worth wedding venues that might suit your budget best, you can find the right options for your celebration in our directory.
What's the best time of year for a Fort Worth or Dallas wedding?
Learning a little about the best times to visit Texas can allow you to reserve your Dallas, Texas wedding venues when the weather is the most mild and enjoyable for you and your guests. Here are some key considerations when reserving Fort Worth or Dallas wedding venues for your big day:
- Climate concerns: High temperatures in the triple digits are common throughout the summer in the Dallas and Fort Worth area, which could make opting for Dallas wedding venues outdoor a risky proposition between June to August. During the winter months of December, January, and February, colder temperatures could also pose a risk if you opt for outdoor Dallas or Fort Worth wedding venues. Scheduling your Fort Worth or Dallas wedding venues outdoor during the spring or fall can provide greater comfort for your guests and an improved experience for you and your partner.
- Tourist season: The most popular times for tourism correspond closely to the busy seasons for Dallas wedding venues. Booking a date during the off season for tourism can sometimes allow you to secure the Dallas wedding venue you want most. Plus, going for an “off-season” date could potentially reduce the cost of some of the most popular downtown Dallas wedding venues, like ballrooms in luxury hotels.
- Special dates for you and your partner: If you and your partner have your hearts set on a specific date for your Dallas wedding, you may need to check with several different wedding venues in Dallas or Fort Worth to find one with the date you want. The most popular Dallas wedding venues may require waits of months or years. Booking your Fort Worth or Dallas wedding venue early can make it even easier to get married exactly when and how you want to.
Selecting the best season for Dallas weddings can make a big difference in the experience for you, your partner, wedding party, and guests. Taking the climate into account when choosing a date for outdoor wedding venues in Fort Worth and Dallas is essential to ensure comfort for everyone involved in your wedding.
What are the different types of Fort Worth or Dallas wedding venues?
When planning a Dallas wedding, finding the right venues can help you create the ceremony and reception of your dreams. By selecting which type you’re interested in, we can connect you with the directory that helps you locate the best wedding venues in Fort Worth and Dallas. We offer galleries of real weddings and venues to help you select the best Dallas and Fort Worth wedding venues for your once-in-a-lifetime wedding day.
- Event spaces: These types of venues often already have the amenities and facilities in place to make your wedding a success. Many of these Dallas wedding venues are designed specifically for ceremonies and receptions, which can make the task of planning your event much easier for you and your partner.
- Estates or homes: Representing some of the higher end Dallas, Texas wedding venues, these can accommodate indoor-outdoor options to reduce the impact of inclement weather on your wedding plans. Working with a wedding florist Dallas couples recommend can allow you to personalize these venues for an even more elegant and unique backdrop for your ceremony and reception.
- Hotels: Among the most popular Fort Worth and Dallas wedding venues, hotels often provide an all-in-one option for engaged couples. With all the amenities already in place, hotel wedding venues in Dallas and Fort Worth are a great choice for couples who want to impress their guests and enjoy the most luxurious experience possible in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Museums: These spaces and similar ones, like libraries, are some of the most unconventional and beautiful Fort Worth and Dallas wedding venues. These popular attractions can allow you and your partner to showcase your interests and can provide a great backdrop for unforgettable wedding photos on your big day.
- Ballrooms: Ideally suited for black tie, fairytale-inspired events, these elegant wedding venues in Dallas and Fort Worth can allow you to create the wedding of your dreams in a serene and beautiful setting.
- Botanical gardens: Garden wedding venues in Dallas can be among the most elegant Dallas wedding venues outdoor or in. The foliage and flowers that naturally grow in these Dallas, Texas wedding venues can also inform all of the decisions you make with top Dallas florists.
- Ranches and farms: Located in and around the area, these western-themed spaces are often used as venues for Dallas weddings. If you are looking for rustic wedding venues in Dallas or the surrounding communities, a farm or ranch wedding could be the right choice for you. Yeehaw!
- Courthouse weddings: One perk of a courthouse wedding is that you likely won’t need to find Dallas wedding officiants and witnesses. By planning to elope to the courthouse, you can keep the cost of your courthouse wedding low while enjoying easy access to Dallas wedding officiants for your ceremony. You and your partner will need to obtain a marriage license before your wedding at the Dallas County Courthouse. This popular Dallas wedding venue is located in the downtown area and is a lower-cost option for wedding ceremonies. To keep the party going with more family and friends, you could also book one of the many Dallas or Fort Worth wedding reception venues to celebrate with loved ones after the official ceremony.
- Churches and synagogues: Though this is a popular option for those looking for a Dallas wedding venue, it’s important to note that some religious organizations may require membership or couples counseling before allowing you to marry in these Dallas, Texas wedding venues. Chapels are popular options for ceremonies in Fort Worth and Dallas too. Your local Fort Worth wedding chapel will typically provide you with an officiant and witnesses for your wedding. Your religious venue might have recommendations for Fort Worth wedding photographers who can capture your first kiss as a married couple and other must-have pictures.
Whether you are looking for the best Fort Worth wedding reception venues or are interested in small Dallas wedding venues suitable for more intimate gatherings, you can find the best options in our directory. From elegant Fort Worth fêtes to the most iconic Dallas wedding venues, it’s easier than ever to find “the one” with a little help from us. Our gallery can help you locate the most beautiful Dallas wedding venues outdoor or inside to create the perfect atmosphere for your very special day.
How much does a wedding cost in Dallas or Fort Worth?
The average cost of a wedding in Dallas/Fort Worth is $25,786, which is slightly higher than the average of $20,300 across the country. That being said, many of the decisions you make can affect that number. Your Dallas wedding venue will usually be responsible for the largest percentage of the costs of your wedding (about 40-50%). Catering services, decor, and for destination weddings, transportation are other major expenses for Dallas weddings.
Outdoor Fort Worth and Dallas wedding venues might also be less expensive than comparable indoor venues. These lower initial costs, however, may be offset by the cost of rentals needed for these Dallas wedding venues. Portable bathrooms, generators, and decor may be required for outdoor Dallas wedding venues hosted in more remote areas, and these additions can significantly increase the cost of your wedding.
Making sure your Dallas wedding venues are comfortable for your guests is a key consideration for you and your partner. Statistics indicate that guests spend about $1,000 per wedding they attend. This represents a significant investment on the part of those with whom you choose to share this special day. Ensuring that your invited guests will be comfortable at your Fort Worth and Dallas wedding venues can make their trip worthwhile and can improve the impression made by you and your partner on your wedding day.
While the cost of your Dallas wedding venue may be the largest single expense for your celebration, it is important not to forget about extras like gratuities, vendor travel fees, and other options that can add up to additional costs. Keeping these expenses in mind when establishing your wedding budget and choosing your Dallas or Fort Worth wedding venues can allow you to prioritize the things that really matter to you and your partner on your big day.
How do you find Fort Worth or Dallas wedding vendors?
Whether you are looking for a photographer for your Fort Worth wedding chapel venue or Dallas florists to completely elevate a larger venue, the vendors you select will have a big impact on the overall impression your events makes on your guests. From Dallas bridesmaid dresses to the right musical accompaniment for your ceremony or reception, we can help you find the vendors you need to make your Dallas wedding truly special.
- Dallas wedding caterers: Catering is one of the major expenses of most weddings in our area. Finding the right Dallas wedding caterers can allow you and your guests to enjoy the best food for your gathering. From informal food trucks to several-course, plated dinners, your wedding catering options are almost endless and can be tailored to suit your preferences. Be sure to check with your wedding venues in Dallas or Fort Worth to determine what types of catering arrangements are allowed. Some Dallas and Fort Worth wedding venues may have restrictions about the catering companies or the types of catering allowed in their facilities. Some of the top Dallas wedding venues may even provide in-house catering services for a more seamless overall experience. Making sure that your Dallas or Fort Worth wedding reception venues allow for the type of catering you want is important when creating the event of your dreams.
- Dallas wedding photographers: Working with the best Fort Worth and Dallas wedding photographers can help you capture all the moments that you will cherish for years to come. Dallas and Fort Worth wedding photographers can work from a set list of shots for your portraits, and you can let your pro know if you’d prefer more natural, candid shots too. Making sure your Dallas or Fort Worth wedding photographers have a clear idea of your wedding theme and your personal aesthetic will help you feel more confident about the shots captured at your wedding. Additionally, choosing a company that has experience in shooting and lighting Dallas wedding venues will often produce better results.
- Dallas wedding videographers: Coordinating the efforts of your Dallas wedding videographers with those of your photographer is important too. Since they can work together to capture your special day, consider asking Dallas wedding photographers if they have recommendations for videographers they’ve worked with in the past (and vice versa). Your Dallas wedding videographers will also be responsible for editing together the raw footage of your wedding. Asking for samples of these pros’ work can help you find the right Dallas wedding photographers and videographers for your special day.
- Dallas wedding florists: Dallas wedding florists can completely transform just about any venue to create the look you want for your wedding celebration. Asking for recommendations on the best wedding florist Dallas has to offer can help you to match your flowers to your theme and decor for a pulled-together and cohesive look.
- Dallas wedding planners: Working with the best Dallas wedding planners can provide the assistance you need to locate the right venues and the right vendors for every part of your wedding. From Fort Worth wedding cakes to dresses and formal attire, your planner will help you find the right solutions for your wedding plans.
- Dallas wedding cakes: Dallas Fort Worth wedding cakes can be constructed to be as elaborate or as simple as you like. Bakeries that offer Fort Worth and Dallas wedding cakes can also create smaller desserts to accompany these larger confections. If you prefer smaller options, bakers who make Dallas wedding cakes can often provide you with samples of their full line of desserts to help you make the best choice. When selecting your Dallas or Fort Worth wedding cakes, or any special dessert, make sure to keep in mind your design and flavor preferences.
- Dallas wedding decor: Coordinating your Dallas wedding decor with your wedding theme can allow you to create a cohesive look for all elements of your celebration. This color and design coordination can extend to your Dallas bridesmaid dresses, your invitations, and many other elements of your big-day plans.
- Dallas wedding rentals: Outdoor venues often lack some of the basic requirements for Dallas weddings. This may require you to seek out companies with Dallas wedding rentals, including generators, chairs, and portable bathrooms. Checking with your Dallas wedding venue will ensure that the rental companies you choose are approved by and recommended by their team.
- Dallas wedding DJs: Musical groups and Dallas wedding DJs are among the most popular options for music at wedding celebrations. Some Dallas wedding DJs will take requests or play from a set list to create the right atmosphere for dancing the night away.
- Dallas wedding bands: Selecting your Dallas wedding bands from one of the numerous jewelers in the area can allow you and your partner to make an aesthetic statement that will last throughout your lives together.
- Dallas wedding invitations: Your Dallas wedding invitations can reflect the overall aesthetic of your event design. Whether you decide on printed or online Dallas wedding invitations, incorporating your own unique style can make your stationery and signage even more special.
- Dallas wedding dresses: Selecting the most beautiful and unique Dallas wedding dresses requires a clear idea of what you are looking for in these couture creations. Shops that specialize in Dallas wedding dresses can also provide recommendations on the best styles to suit your venue and your theme.
- Dallas bridesmaid dresses: Choosing the right colors and styles for your bridesmaid dresses and other formal attire will create a coordinated look for all members of the wedding party. You may be able to take some cues from the decor at your Dallas or Fort Worth wedding reception venues, ceremony spaces, and more. Complementing your wedding theme or the decor of your wedding venues in Dallas/Fort Worth with the colors chosen for your wedding party can make a unified statement at your celebration.
Along with selecting the right wedding venues in Dallas and Fort Worth, your decision on the vendors for your wedding will have a big impact on the overall impression your celebration will make on your guests. Your wedding planner can often provide you with practical guidance on the best Fort Worth and Dallas wedding venues and vendors. For added help in selecting wedding venues in Dallas, you can also look through photos featured on our site to explore all of the wedding venues in Fort Worth, Dallas, and the surrounding areas.
What are some things for guests to do in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?
After choosing your Fort Worth or Dallas wedding venues, you can set up a wedding website to communicate with your guests about your upcoming nuptial plans. You can also include informational inserts in your printed invitations that can serve roughly the same purpose. For most couples, however, a website is a great way to let your guests know about the location of your Dallas wedding venues, things to do in Fort Worth ,and other information your guests may need to know to have the best possible time while attending your wedding. Some of the most popular attractions located close to Dallas and Fort Worth wedding venues are listed here:
- Museums: Some of the most popular museums in the Dallas area include the Perot Museum of Nature and Science and the Dallas Museum of Art. Located close to some of the most elegant Fort Worth and Dallas wedding venues, these museums can provide hours of enjoyment for art and science lovers. The Fort Worth Aviation Museum is another must-see attraction in the metropolitan area.
- Aquariums and zoos: For families interested in nature or those with children to entertain, the Dallas World Aquarium spans several stories and offers exhibits that correspond to the aquatic flora and fauna found around the globe. The Dallas Zoo is another popular attraction for guests of all ages and allows families and individuals to explore the animal world through thoughtful exhibits and educational events. The Fort Worth Zoo has recently been renovated and offers a petting zoo and plenty of attractions for even the youngest guests to your wedding.
- Historical tours: Exploring the rich history of the Dallas metropolitan area could start with a trip to the Fort Worth Stockyards, which offer a look back in time to the origins of this city. When considering wedding venues in Fort Worth, checking out the historical areas located nearby could make the trip even more meaningful for some of your guests.
- Restaurants: Some of the most popular Dallas and Fort Worth wedding venues are located in restaurants. You can also provide your wedding guests with recommendations for the best dining options near your wedding venues in Dallas and Fort Worth through your wedding website.
- Shopping opportunities: Dallas is known for its expansive and beautiful shopping centers and districts. Letting your guests know about the shopping options close to your Dallas wedding venues can help them to make the most of their trip to your wedding and can ensure that a great time is had by all.
- Sightseeing: Founder's Plaza, the Dallas Heritage Village, and JFK Memorial Plaza are among the most popular sights to see in Dallas. You can also get a bird's-eye view of the entire city from Reunion Tower, which is located in downtown Dallas and offers stunning views of this modern city. Many of these attractions are located close to some of the top Dallas wedding venues and can provide photo opportunities for your wedding party as well as souvenirs and memories for your guests.
- Music and art: Top musical artists often perform at the Will Rogers Memorial Center, which is located in Fort Worth and can seat thousands of guests to its events. The Amon Carter Museum of American Art is another must-see attraction located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Sports competitions: Fans of the Dallas Cowboys will enjoy a trip to the AT&T Stadium for a game or a tour. When planning your Dallas or Fort Worth wedding venues, you may be able to provide directions to this popular destination, to the American Airlines Center and to other sports arenas and stadiums through your wedding website. NASCAR fans will be delighted to visit the Texas Motor Speedway and to thrill to the high-speed racing offered on this track.
- Hiking and biking: If some of your wedding guests would enjoy the opportunity to explore the great outdoors, Katy Trail State Park offers biking and hiking opportunities that are easy to reach from many of the top wedding venues in Fort Worth and Dallas.
- Garden spots: The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is perhaps the best-known public garden in the area. You can often find elegant wedding venues in Dallas/Fort Worth in garden spots located around the metropolitan area. The Fort Worth Water Gardens are a refreshing way to spend time in the city while enjoying the tranquility and beauty of running water too. And another key attraction of the city is the Fort Worth Japanese Garden, which is home to turtles, fish, and a flock of local wood ducks.
Some guests may want to venture all over the state before or after attending your Dallas/Fort Worth wedding venues. Adding a list of the best things to do in Texas to your wedding website could make the trip extra special not only for you and your partner but for everyone who attends your special celebration.
Which celebrities have gotten married in Dallas or Fort Worth?
Many celebrities and well-known faces have chosen Dallas/Fort Worth wedding venues to exchange their vows. For example, Bachelor Nation stars and fan favorites Adam Gottschalk and Raven Gates tied the knot in an intimate ceremony at one of the most popular Dallas/Fort Worth wedding venues. Meanwhile, entertainment host Jason Kennedy and blogger Lauren Scruggs married in Dallas in a winter wedding that was witnessed by friends and family.
If you want to celebrate like a celebrity in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, luxury hotels and resorts can provide you and your partner with the star treatment. You can also check out some of the estates and country club options in this area to find the right options for your very special day. While marrying celebrity-style can be a pricier option, it can allow you and your partner to create a truly memorable event for everyone involved in your celebration.
How do you get to the Dallas/Fort Worth area?
For friends and family members who already live in Texas, getting to the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area is usually as easy as driving down one of the numerous highways that intersect with this area. Bus and train travel options are also available that can make it easy to reach Dallas from almost anywhere in the continental United States. Most out-of-state visitors, however, use air travel to reach this region. Here are four options that may make sense for your wedding guests:
- Located about halfway between Fort Worth and Dallas, the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (better known as DFW) is the single largest hub for American Airlines, which is one of the largest airlines in the country. Second only to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport in terms of international travel in Texas, DFW offers service to more than 260 destinations in the United States and around the world. With 62.6 million passengers traveling through DFW in 2021, this airport is ranked second-busiest in the world in terms of passengers served each year.
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is located to the south of the Dallas/Fort Worth area and is accessible by traveling I-35 North. Train service between these two metropolitan areas is provided by Amtrak. Taxi service and rental cars are also available at AUS, which serves upwards of 13.5 million passengers annually. During peak seasons for tourism, AUS can see more than 30,000 passengers a day.
- Originally named Houston Intercontinental Airport, the George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) boasts five runways and covers about 10,000 acres of land in the Houston area. Located roughly 240 miles south of Dallas, IAH serves about 33.6 million passengers from all around the world each year. IAH offers nonstop service to destinations throughout the United States and Latin America and can provide intercontinental options for wedding guests flying in from around the world.
- Located almost 1,000 miles to the west of the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area, El Paso International Airport (ELP) is a little more out of the way for guests who plan to attend weddings in Dallas. That being said, El Paso International Airport does offer short-hop flights that can reduce the time needed to travel from this airport to your Dallas wedding venues. For those who do want to use ELP as their arrival point when traveling to your wedding, a trip to the El Paso Zoo and botanical garden can make this a great way to see more of the Lone Star State up close and personal.
When deciding on the best way to get to your Dallas/Fort Worth wedding venues, you can also consult with your wedding planner or with friends and family who live in the area. They may also be able to recommend accommodations and travel options that will make sense for your invited guests, your wedding party, and of course, you and your partner.
How do you find the best Fort Worth and Dallas wedding venues?
If you are planning a wedding in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, you can find inspiration from many sources, both online and IRL. Friends, family members, and professional wedding planners are among the most popular options for assistance in planning your wedding and creating an unforgettable experience for all who attend. At Carats & Cake, we offer photos of real-life weddings along with all the in-depth information about how these weddings were designed and implemented. To check out our gallery or to learn more about wedding venues in Dallas and Fort Worth, visit us online and start browsing. From there, you’ll be one step closer to the best, most fun day of your life.