Tampa Wedding Venues:
Everything You Need to Know
If you are planning your wedding in Tampa, your Florida Gulf Coast celebration starts with hunting for the best wedding venues and vendors in the area. This guide will provide you with some key information for finding your favorite Tampa wedding venue, and we’ll also tackle how to create the atmosphere you want, decor items you’ll need for certain spaces, and more. With our expert advice and photos of real events, you can help you find the best wedding venues in Tampa, Florida to make your ceremony a complete success.
In our directory, you’ll find real-life weddings in Tampa to inspire many of the decisions you’ll make on your big day. You can check out some of the most unique wedding venues in Tampa and can explore vendors who have brought Tampa weddings to life. In addition to the most popular Tampa wedding venue options and talented experts, we’ll also cover the weather in this region and offer advice on what to add to your and your guests’ itineraries during your wedding weekend.
At Carats & Cake, we are here to help you create the wedding of your dreams. Whether you are looking for the best wedding venues in Tampa, Florida or are wondering how to help your guests find the information they need to plan their trip, we are all about finding solutions to any wedding quandaries and the people who can help you with all of your on-site needs leading up to and on your wedding day.
What's the best time of year for a Tampa wedding?
The prevailing climate of Tampa is largely tropical, which can make the summer months much more warm and humid—making it slightly unpredictable for those hosting outdoor Tampa weddings. While many indoor wedding venues in Tampa Bay and the surrounding area are pleasant year-round, choosing a wedding date in the winter or spring months can often allow you to take advantage of the beauty of outdoor weddings in this area.
Thanks to the warm temperatures, winter is peak tourism season in the state of Florida, and it’s also an incredibly popular time to escape the cold elsewhere and host your wedding in Tampa. This can sometimes increase prices for many Tampa wedding venue options, which could have an impact on the overall cost of your wedding. Planning your wedding during an off-season for tourism, which is usually during the spring and fall, will allow you to manage the costs of your Tampa wedding venue and vendors much more effectively. Just keep in mind that fall is generally considered hurricane season, so prepare to have a contingency plan in place if you want to get married outside. And if you and your partner are looking for more ways to save, timing your events during this off-season could be one way to book more affordable wedding venues in Tampa, Florida.
What are the different types of Tampa wedding venues?
Whether you are planning for an indoor or outdoor wedding, the best Tampa wedding venue can allow you to create a romantic atmosphere for your ceremony and reception. Some of the most popular types of wedding venues in Tampa, Florida are listed here:
- Hotels: Tampa wedding venues in hotels offer all the expected amenities and provide you and your partner with easy access to parking, restrooms, and all of the other necessities for your wedding day plans. Some locations also have on-site coordinators and teams to assist you with everything leading up to and on your wedding day. Even more, these wedding venues in Tampa Bay and beyond might offer room blocks to give your guests easy access to any and all festivities.
- Ballrooms: Many hotels and other event spaces can offer beautiful ballrooms to create a romantic space for fairy-tale Tampa wedding ceremonies and receptions.
- Country clubs: Country clubs and associated golf courses can offer elegant and tranquil surroundings to help you celebrate your big day in style. Remember that you’ll likely need to be a member or know someone who can sponsor you to host an event at these particular wedding venues in Tampa, Florida.
- Beaches: There are big and small wedding venues in Tampa located in a perfect spot for waterfront weddings. If you’ve always dreamed of a toes-in-the-sand ceremony, Tampa Bay and the beaches in neighboring areas like Clearwater and St. Petersburg (affectionately called “St. Pete”) are another option. With Clearwater and St. Pete wedding venues, you can easily take advantage of the beautiful beaches along the Florida Gulf Coast and enjoy ocean views as far as the eye can see.
- Gardens: Botanical gardens and other garden locales can provide unique wedding venues in Tampa and the surrounding areas. When booking these Tampa wedding venues, however, you should find out what amenities are included as part of your venue. Some more rustic spots may not have available electricity, running water, or bathroom, so you may need to add that to your “to-do” list.
- Museums and libraries: A museum wedding can provide an elegant background for photos and can allow you to enjoy one of the most unique wedding venues in Tampa for both your ceremony or reception.
- Chapels, churches, and synagogues: More traditional weddings are often held at religious wedding venues in Tampa, Florida. Check with the church to make sure that your preferred officiant is allowed to perform weddings and to find out about any requirements (like belonging to that particular place of worship) at these Tampa wedding venues.
- Theme parks: It just wouldn't be Florida without the option for a theme park wedding. There are a variety of venues for Tampa weddings at parks in the local area, and they can typically accommodate wedding parties of all sizes to make your day extra special.
Whether you are looking for the perfect Tampa wedding venues for coastal-chic weddings or checking out the various options for St. Pete wedding venues, choosing the best place for your upcoming celebration is one of the most important decisions you’ll make.
What are the different areas of Tampa?
Taking the time to do some research on the various Tampa neighborhoods can make it easier for you and your partner to locate the best Tampa wedding venues for your celebration. Most geographical experts divide Tampa into six distinct neighborhoods, and each one has its own unique charm:
- New Tampa: The golf courses, country clubs, and park areas of New Tampa have made it a popular alternative to the more coastal wedding venues in Tampa Bay. Restaurants and shopping are among the most sought-after attractions in this part of Tampa.
- West Tampa: Hotels and restaurants are among the Tampa wedding venues found in West Tampa. Nearby hotels can also serve as elegant wedding venues for those planning to wed in this part of Tampa too.
- Brooklyn Village: Located close to the Old Memorial Golf Club, this neighborhood offers some of the most charming options for park wedding venues in Tampa, Florida.
- Downtown Tampa: As the heart of the cultural scene, downtown Tampa is home to numerous hotels that can serve as elegant and convenient Tampa wedding venues. The Tampa Riverwalk is a great place to take wedding photos, while the North Franklin Street Historic District is also located close to some of the most iconic wedding venues in Tampa, Florida.
- Ybor City: Ybor City has earned a listing on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally known as a cigar manufacturing center in Tampa, this area is known for delicious Cuban and Latin American restaurants and eateries and Tampa wedding venue options that include hotels and museums.
- Channel District: The Florida Aquarium is one of the top attractions in the Channel District, which is also located close to Port Tampa and to hotels that could be the most ideal choice for your Tampa wedding venue.
While not technically part of Tampa, downtown St. Petersburg offers a number of beautiful beaches that can serve as venues for weddings in our area. If you are searching for small wedding venues in Tampa with a beachy feel, St. Pete could be a great choice for you and your partner.
How much does a wedding cost in Tampa?
In 2020, the average cost of a wedding in the Tampa area was $20,044. This is about $5,000 higher than the average amount paid for weddings in the state of Florida during the same year. Finding ways to reduce your wedding expenses can allow you to focus your financial investment on the items that matter most to you and your partner.
Downsizing the number of guests you plan to invite to your wedding is often a great way to lower your overall costs too. And with numerous small wedding venues in Tampa, you can create a beautiful wedding with your closest friends and family. By having a smaller venue and shorter guest list, you will also cut down on catering costs for your Tampa wedding venue.
Tampa wedding dresses, decor, catering, and more are all things to consider while determining your total wedding cost. By thinking through all of your must-haves, you can prioritize (and therefore, spend more on) the elements that mean the most to you. And as you start looking for wedding venues in Tampa, Florida, remember that your venue will take up a significant portion of your budget (roughly 40%!).
How do you find Tampa wedding vendors?
Selecting vendors for your wedding will allow you to manage many of the important components of your celebration. Once you have selected your wedding venues in Tampa Bay or somewhere else in the city, you can begin the process of choosing vendors for your special day:
- Tampa wedding planners: Finding the right Tampa wedding planners can take some of the stress out of planning your wedding for you and your partner. The best Tampa wedding planners can provide guidance on the right venues and vendors for your upcoming celebration. If you are looking for unique wedding venues in Tampa or the most desirable options for catering, your wedding planner can direct you with tried-and-true places you’ll absolutely love.
- Tampa wedding florists: Creating the mood for your wedding is part of the job for professional Tampa wedding florists. You can review photos (including those in our directory!) to see which color palettes and flowers you gravitate toward. And from there, you can determine which Tampa wedding florists match that style.
- Tampa wedding photographers: Your Tampa wedding photographers will play a key role in capturing the moments of your wedding that matter most. By working with your Tampa wedding videographers to coordinate their efforts, photographers for your wedding can deliver the perfect visual set of memories for you and your partner.
- Tampa wedding videographers: By choosing the right Tampa wedding videographers for your wedding celebration, you can create a video record of this special day to enjoy for many years to come. In conjunction with your Tampa wedding photographers, these content creators will provide you with photos and videos, respectively, that you’ll look back on for years to come.
- Tampa wedding caterers: Restaurant wedding venues will typically provide catering as part of their overall services. But if you have a specific catering company in mind, it is usually a good idea to check with your Tampa wedding venue before signing a contract. In some cases, your Tampa wedding venues may provide a list of approved wedding caterers.
- Tampa wedding bands and DJs: Finding the right Tampa wedding bands, DJs, or other musical groups for your wedding can set the stage for your ceremony and the dancing that often kicks into gear during the reception. The right music is a key element of your overall wedding experience, so work with your partner on narrowing down the genres and styles you both prefer.
- Tampa wedding cakes: Along with unique designs and creativity, local bakeries that specialize in wedding cakes have experience in the right types of pastry and frosting for the Tampa climate. Consulting with these bakers about the best options for wedding venues in Tampa Bay and other popular neighborhoods for hosting events can help you find the best cake or other dessert options for your event.
- Tampa wedding dresses: The dresses and other attire chosen for St. Pete wedding venues on the beach will often be more whimsical and free-flowing than those selected for more formal and elegant ballroom weddings. By looking through photos of Tampa wedding dresses, you can create a shortlist of spots you want to visit to try on the perfect looks that match your Tampa wedding venue and theme.
Your vendors for Florida weddings will help you to create the celebration you and your partner have always wanted with the right services for your needs.
What are some things for guests to do before or after Tampa weddings?
The city’s incredible location on the bay allows for a wide range of water-related activities for Tampa wedding guests. When choosing your Tampa wedding venue and setting up your wedding website, you may want to let your guests know about local attractions and landmarks in the immediate area too. Some of the most popular activities you can suggest to your guests include the following:
- Museums and landmarks: Some of the most popular museums in Tampa include the Tampa Firefighters Museum, the Tampa Bay History Center, the Tampa Museum of Art and the Glazer Children's Museum. Located close to some of the top Tampa wedding venues, these landmarks are a great way to get out and about in this city.
- Parks and outdoor activities: When looking for a chance to get closer to nature near a Tampa wedding venue, the delightfully named Lettuce Lake Regional Park is a great option with a boardwalk that runs along the lake. Sparkman Wharf is another popular choice that offers a variety of dining options for you and your guests.
- Golf: Golfing is a great way to get out and about during almost any month in Tampa. Topgolf Tampa and the Tampa Palms Golf and Country Club are two of the best options for hitting the links in the Tampa Bay area.
- Professional football: Attending a Tampa Bay Buccaneers game in the fall is a point of pride for NFL fans. Depending on the scheduling of your wedding, you may be able to point your guests in the right direction to catch one of these games before or after making their way to your Tampa wedding venue.
- Foodie walking tours: Ybor City Food Tours offers one of the most beloved gourmet food tours for guests who plan to attend your celebration at one of the nearby Tampa wedding venues.
- Amusement parks: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is perhaps the best known amusement park in the Tampa Bay area. This expansive park can serve as your Tampa wedding venue or can be a wonderful option for entertaining families who will be in attendance at your celebration.
Including this information as an insert to your wedding invitations or on your wedding website can allow your guests to make the most of their trip to Tampa. A list of attractions that are close to Tampa wedding venues will be a thoughtful addition to the information you provide for those traveling from out-of-town.
How do you get to Tampa weddings?
Providing added help for your guests in traveling to your Tampa wedding venue can make it easier for them to plan their trip. Here are three major airports that serve the Tampa Bay area:
How can you start researching Tampa wedding venues?
To learn more about available Tampa wedding venues or to begin planning your wedding today, you can visit our website and let your imagination fly. Take notes of the attire, color palettes, and decor that you’re most excited about, and go from there. With our various venue and vendor profiles, you can quickly learn more about each spot or pro and reach out ASAP.